Today’s figures from the CSO for overseas visitors to the Republic of Ireland show growth of +10.3% for the first half of 2014, an additional 324,400 additional visitors when compared with January-June 2013.
· Overseas visitor numbers are up +10.3% for January to June 2014 – or 324,400 additional visitors.
· Great Britain: the GB market recorded growth of +14% – more than 176,000 extra British visitors.
· North America: 2014 looks set to be another record year for tourism from North America, with growth of +11% for January to June – an additional 54,900 visitors.
· Mainland Europe: visitors from Mainland Europe grew by +6% – 68,800 extra arrivals – with the German (+18%), Spanish (+22%) and Italian (+4%) markets turning in particularly good performances.
· Australia and Developing Markets: arrivals from Australia and our other long-haul markets grew by +14%, or 24,400 more visitors, over the same six-month period last year.